Ribbon Cutting FAQs
Who can have a Ribbon Cutting or Grand Opening with One Acadiana?
All members, partners, and investors of One Acadiana can have a ribbon cutting. It’s free with your membership. Book a ribbon cutting today to celebrate with the business community, loyal clients, partners, family, and friends.
What’s a good time of day to host a Ribbon Cutting?
Coordinator, Investor & Member Relations
- Mid-morning and lunch time Ribbon Cuttings tend to work best to accommodate attendee's work schedules. However, you can host a Ribbon Cutting at whatever time of day works best for you.
- If you choose a Saturday, we cannot guarantee that our Ambassadors or a staff representative will be present. However, you will still be welcome to borrow the big scissors and you will still be promoted in our newsletter.
Can I announce when construction will commence for a new building?
A groundbreaking ceremony is a great way to let the community know that your company is coming soon. You can request our special Golden Shovels for this type of celebration.
What is One Acadiana’s role in a Ribbon Cutting?
- As your local Chamber, we play a supporting role in your event.
- We promote your event in our bi-monthly newsletter, eFlash.
- Our Ambassadors are invited to attend and join the celebration.
- A One Acadiana staff representative will be present.
- We provide the giant scissors and camera.
What is the company’s role in a Ribbon Cutting?
- The company planning the Ribbon Cutting is responsible for doing outreach and promotion. We encourage our members to make it their own event, however, big or small it may be.
- It is the company’s responsibility to provide the ribbon (call a local florist or get crafty and creative). See Membership Directory.
Reasons to Celebrate?
Have a Ribbon Cutting for:
- Breaking Ground
- Grand Opening
- Remodel or Reopening
- A Milestone or Anniversary
Does One Acadiana help get the media and elected officials at a Ribbon Cutting?
It’s up to the company planning their celebration to reach out to the media and elected officials. See Media Contact List.
Do we have access to a member mailing list?
No, we do not provide a mailing list. But, you have access to our online membership directory.
What do I do when I’m ready to schedule?
Call Brittany Sylvester, Coordinator, Investor & Member Relations, at 337.408.3667 or email Brittany@OneAcadiana.org with the day and time you would like to hold your ribbon cutting.
Subscribe to Our E‑Newsletter!
Get monthly updates on the latest news, events, and initiatives from Acadiana.